Virginia  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/16/06, 6:34 am

Co-owner of property

I was the co-owner of an apartment in Virginia with my mother at the time of her death. I was informed by the clerk's office I would have to provide them a triple -sealed copy of her executed/finalized Will before they would change the deed from me being ''co-owner'' to ''owner''. Is this correct?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search