Washington  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/07/08, 1:19 pm

Bringing girlfriend here

Hi, my girlfriend and I have been in long distance ''relationship for quite a while now (email, letters, phone calls etc). Unfortunatly, I am unable to recieve a passport due to some historical legal issues. I am interested in marrying this woman and bringing her to the US. It is my understanding that for a fiance visa we would have to meet in person. being unable to travel abroad this is not possible. What would be the best course of action to get her here. I was thinking attempting to get her a tourist visa and brining her here so we could meet. I understand that bringing her here on a tourist visa with the ''intention'' of marrying her is ''questionable''. So I can get her a tourist visa (How hard is this?) meet her here send her back home and then apply for a fiancee visa? I am just wondering the most efficient/quickest way to get her here. I also run my own business and have been told I can bring her on a work visa? Is this true? Just for the record I was bornn in the US and she lives in the phillipines.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search