Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Washington

Our previous landlord is suing me and my husband in small claims court. They filed the claim on August 11 using the address of there house we had moved out of in June. We have lived in a different county at different address since then. What do we do?

Asked on 10/07/09, 6:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to file a motion to set aside the default judgment (which I assume has been entered given that you did not respond or appear) and from there if you prevail, the case will be reinstated and you will be allowed to respond and appear for your trial.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/09, 6:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Washington

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now