Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

I recently received a summons from a junk debt buyer for a debt that i believe to be invalid. Checking my credit report there is an original record of the debt as a personal loan (which i never had) but the summons states the debt is for a charge account. Is this a violation of the FDCPA and the FCRA?

Asked on 9/04/13, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Either term might be an accurate description of this obligation, so I doubt that you will get much relief under FDCPA or related laws. However, if you are having problems with collectors, you owe it to yourself to immediately consult with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Bankruptcy offers legal forgiveness of most general unsecured debts of this nature. Please do not assume that I am your attorney because of my response here, but feel free to call my office in Racine (262-633-3090 or email [email protected]) for clarifications regarding my answer. Otherwise, under the rules of this website, I would not be taking any further action on your case. See me on the web at View my past answers at , or see an even larger collection of responses at, . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials..

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now