Legal Question in Immigration Law in Wisconsin

Hi, my daughter is an American citizen she's in mexico with me im a single mother i can't get in the usa because i don't have visa, but my brother does. My question is... if my daughter can travel with my daughter for just some vacation time with just a letter from me giving him authorizatio to travel with him, and if there's any risk in the airport want immigration ppl can take her away? (She's 3 and she was born in the usa)

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I may have already answered this question.

However, there is a risk that CBP will question your adult daughter (upon arrival in the U.S.) about taking the child out of the country without authorization from both biological parents.

I would highly recommend you contact the U.S. Consulate & see if they can authenticate some sort of authorization. A letter is useless without proof that it was written by the biological parents.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Wisconsin