Legal Question in Administrative Law in Puerto Rico

I divorce in new York, I moved to puerto rico. One of my children live in puertorico with her mother the other one live in Florida with her sister ,l paid child support from puertorico. At what age l stop pay child support.

Asked on 8/18/16, 10:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles

In Florida they stop at 18; in Puerto Rico they stop at 21. But you should keep an eye on it because in Puerto Rico if the son or daughter continues university studies which started with minor age, the cout can oblige to continue supporting them until they finish their studies.

This is an answer to an specific question with consider no evidence and not substitute a legal advice.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/16, 2:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Puerto Rico