Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in India

I worked in a nationalised bank as Assistant Manager (JMGS I) The bank has given punishment of 'compulsory retirement' for which civil writ has been filed. Prior to this my services were not utilised for full 10 months whereas full salary was paid. I was not provided a chair to sit and table and computer to work. I had to keep on wandering about here & there thus I was subjected to harassment. Can I sue them in the court of law for deliberate harassment?

Asked on 10/29/16, 3:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajendra Arora Samadhan Consultants

No it will not be of much substance as practically you have not been deprived of your legal right as you have been paid salary for the entire period. It is for the employer to allocate the work considering the administrative exigencies.

You have not stated as to which sort of harassment you had undergone or whether you had request the Bank management during those 10 months that you are not having any work and are thus being humiliated or harassed, if not than why this question is being raised now by you.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/16, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in India