Legal Question in Business Law in India

My father had purchased some shares of a company..he recently passed we don't hold the orignal share papers,,,but just have the dividend copy of it that mentions all the do I claim those shares on my mother's name?

Asked on 9/12/17, 1:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajendra Arora Samadhan Consultants

Since shares are not in your custody it may be possible that your father might have sold the shares but the purchaser might not have got transferred these shares in his name and dividend might have been paid to your father or the dividend may belong to the date prior to sell. However, on the basis of copy of dividend, you may request the company for issuance of duplicate share certificate after disclosing full facts and completing the required formalities and only thereafter you can sell the shares, if these are still in your father's name.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/17, 10:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in India