Legal Question in Business Law in India

My husband applied for a job. They promised him a technical job and gave him an offer letter with a designation of engineer. They took a cheque of certain amount from him if in case he quit the job before any prior intimation. On the next day he went for the job and found that job was of like store keeper. He tried to contact recruiter who send him there. However could not connect . he informed them that i will not do this job. Now they are saying we will furnish and encash the cheque. Please suggest what to do to save my money now. Who is right. Can we stop the payment by cheque. They took signature from him on paper that he is giving them chq however they did not issued appointment letter.

Asked on 11/09/14, 2:50 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Madam,

If the Company has not adhered to the job description and the designation given to your husband, your husband should insist on the Company to issue him the appointment letter, and you should immediately stop payment of the cheque.


Read more
Answered on 11/09/14, 5:23 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

a legal notice in this case can be sent to the company in order to build a defence against dishonour of cheque.


Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 11/09/14, 9:40 pm

firstly ,you have to block cheques and as well as you have to legal notice to block of cheques to company.then you asked about your appointment letter .otherwise you can be filed case of cheating

Read more
Answered on 2/11/15, 3:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in India