Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

Hello Sir/Madam,

I gave some amount like 40 lakhs to my friend on 2016 via Bank RTGS. And he promised to return me the money with 15% interest. Also he gave me a cheque for 25 lakhs without mentioning the date in the xheque. After repeated request, he didn;t return he money. And I depoited the cheques on 7-dec 2023 which got returned with Fund Insufficient.

My lawyer sent a legal notice on 12-Dec but he didn;t reply to the notice. So my lawyer said that he need to file a case . But i want to change the lawyer. Is it possible that the new lawyer can file the case now.

Also, can I file a case for 40 lakhs or it can be only for 25 lakhs only.

Asked on 1/07/24, 10:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can change the lawyer if you desire so. You need to file a criminal complaint u/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments act for 25 Lacs and for 40 lacs, you can file a suit for recovery.

Read more
Answered on 1/14/24, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India