Legal Question in Construction Law in India

Hi I m a resident of Himachal Pradesh In india. I have an 80 years old house . In between two houses there is a empty space which is about 7 mtrs wide and 22 mters in length which happens to be forest land as per the revenue records. My house caught fire and got completely burnt .

I submitted the plan to town and country planning deppt Himachal Pradesh. They are raising the objection that since there is forest land adjacent to your house you need to leave minimum 5 mtrs sprace from that land.

My question is is it necessary to leave 5 meters space from the land adjacent to my house which happens to be forest land . Moreover, i am reconstructing the house on the same plinths and in the same area. no expansion.

Asked on 5/26/14, 3:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

It is advisable to engage an Architect and a Licensed Contractor to re-build your house within the permissible prevailing legal construction rules and regulations.


Read more
Answered on 5/26/14, 4:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in India