Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

i have given termination request for reliance internet connection on 28 oct 2012 with one month advance bill as per their rule. i have receipt and ack for both actions.they have raised bill from 11 jan 2013 till 23 march 2013 for rs 1674 and harassing me to pay. they have sent notice from lawyer also. my device was lying totally totally untouched in the box in this period as i had stopped using it from nov end. and got another companies connection. they just keep repeating that no termination request is received and dont check their records.since it is false billing and they are trying to threaten me since three months with more then 50 sms and tele calls; what action can i take against the company for harassment?

Asked on 5/03/13, 10:15 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should serve a notice for unnecessary harassment and compensation on the Company and submit proof of discontinuation along with the notice, clearly stating therein that you will lodge a Police complaint against the Company officials if they disturb you again.


Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 6:11 am

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

You are not the first one to be harassed by a telecom company, I know this does not solve your problem.

You may contact Bombay Telephone Users' Association, Mr. Mukherjee - he will be help you.

Lot of telecom companies in private sector do this kind of activity, and harass an innocent customer.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 10:58 am

You should send a legal notice and then may approach the consumer forum.

Good Luck


[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 8:53 pm
Lovkesh Gupta Advocate And Lawyer In Jalandhar.

firstly send legal notice.

Read more
Answered on 10/25/13, 4:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India