Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in India

I m a asst manager in an furniture company before 6mnths one customer came to me and purchase furniture cost around 7lakh nagainst cheque bt his cheque gt bounced n he was nt ready to payback nr ready to return furnituresoehow i recover furniture worth 2lakh bt whn my boss talk to him he convinced my boss and she return him tht bounced cheque and aftr tht he strtng abusng us not payng money somhow we come to knw tht he is a big criminal many cases were gng against him n he also strtd threatng me. My company stoppd my sal to recover tht amnt so i decided to resign i stopp gng thr and mail my resign to thm bt nw they r tryng to file case aganst me to recover tht amount.wht can i do nw?

Asked on 11/24/13, 2:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Setu Niket Curare Legal

They have no case against you. You have to defend yourself.

Feel free to contact for further assistance.

Kind regards

Setu Niket



Read more
Answered on 11/24/13, 3:56 am
Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

You are not liable to pay that amount to the co. as it is the mistake of the co. who returned the cheque to the culprit. Company can file a suit for recovery against the offender and not against you in case they do so you may retain a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 11/26/13, 1:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in India