Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Dear Sir,

I am NRI and working abroad. I had booked a shop at a cost of Rs. 34 lakh. which the builder told me that he will build the shop in future. I had given Rs. 10 lakh advance money. We had a agreement on stamp paper that in 1 year, builder will build the shop and in return I will make the balance payment which is 24 lakh. But now already 2 years gone but builder didn't build the shop neither returning my money. I told him that if you will not return my money then I will file police complaint/FIR for cheating me. But he is telling me that If you will register FIR then he will also register false case against me and you will not be able to work abroad. Please guide me what can I do.

Asked on 11/04/18, 12:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

In this situation, you can approach consumer court for appropriate directions including return of earnest money.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/18, 10:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India