Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

i am practicing Advocate . A person had filed false criminal case against me under section 420 IPC. I would like to file permission petition to permit me to represent or argue the case in the absence of my counsel.under what provision I can file permission petition please advise.

Asked on 4/22/22, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

There is no permission petition which has to be filed. Just withdraw the engagement of your advocate and you may do this orally by apprising the Court of your intention to do so and besides this you may also inform the Court that for further hearings in that matter you would want to appear in person and contest your case yourself. Also request the Court to record these facts.

In case the trial Court does not grant you permission then you may approach the high court u/s 482 CrPC

Read more
Answered on 4/29/22, 11:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India