Legal Question in Family Law in Ethiopia

What a fantastic website, I and my wife aggred to divorce, but we have got 9 month child, as per our family code she is allowed to owe the child, however she has no income and no good behavoire, I.e. she smokes and etc , but relatively I hope I am able to properly manage the childs life. so what can I do infront of the court?

Asked on 2/06/14, 4:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fikadu Asfaw Fikadu Asfaw & Associates Law Office

Dear Sir;

Your question is little bit vague. Are you agreed on the divorce only or as to the child custody also? If agreed why this question?

However if your question is about challenging her competence in handling the child, prove your points by written evidence and/or witnesses in front of the court showing

1. she has no income and no good behavior, I.e. she smokes and etc. so she is not able to properly manage the child’s life.

2. but relatively you have enough income and good behavior. You are able to properly manage the child’s life.

Kind regards

Read more
Answered on 2/06/14, 4:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ethiopia