Legal Question in Family Law in India


Am married for 10 yrs with 3 kids and i had an affair b4 marriage for 6 yrs + and she left me and i broke down completely that time and later decided to marry..i told wife all about my past and asked for time so i can move out from past,but she didnt gave me time and instead we had quarrel,arguments,fighting from marriage days,i adjusted as far i can,she doesnt give me respect for wat i do,i care for children and do everything i can as a father ,but stil she compares me with others,doesnt support me mentally,now i m totally fed up with her,i told her and my parents too that i dont want to live with her anymore and get me divorce,but am parents are refusing to give and she is too adamant to give me divorce,saying do whatever you want,but i made up my mind not to live anymore with what is the option?

Asked on 11/16/22, 5:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

If you have made up your mind, then both of you talk it over and arrive at a mutual settlement amicably after giving a last attempt to save your marriage. If it does not culminate into a patch up between the both of you, file a divorce on mutual terms jointly before a Family Court having jurisdiction over your area of residence.

However you should know that you are risking out the well being of your children at the cost of breakdown of your marriage. The matter is sensitive and you should consult a counsellor to tackle the matter. Your parents are correct as they also care for their grandchildren. Try an intervention of a neutral person who will try and mediate for you both.

Let me remind you that you may have to shell out a lot of funds and assets as alimony to break your marriage.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/22, 10:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India