Legal Question in Family Law in India

I live in Tamil Nadu. I and my husband got married two months back (Register Marriage at Chennai).. But continue to live with our parents, because we have not disclosed our marriage to them. His parents are from village in Tamil Nadu and they are not willing to get us married. We have been fighting for more than 4 years to get their consent. But they are not moved and are threatening to end their lives by consuming poison or jumping into a river. We don't want to lose them . But we are very serious in our relationship and want to live together. We don't want to marry someone else. Now his parents are pushing him into a forced marriage with his uncle's daughter, which he is opposing for quite a long. They are not willing to give heeds to his words. They are further threatening that if he discloses that he loves me or that he is not interested in the marriage which they have arranged to anyone, they will commit suicide. He belongs to Backward Class and I belong to Most Backward Class and we both are Hindus. We love each other dearly but we don't want to start our lives on their death. We are in a hopeless situation. We don't want to go to the police and insult our parents. His parents have bought poison (some insecticide/pesticide) and often threatening us that they will consume it if we disclose that he is not interested in the marriage to anybody. They even told they will kill us for honour and then they will commit suicide. We are nearly 31 years of age and both of us are well settled in terms of job(Government job) and we own a house of our own. WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE HIS PARENTS. Kindly help us

Asked on 10/14/13, 11:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(

Your problem is social rather than legal instead of lawyer go to the clinical psychologist who can help you out.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 4:20 am

dear client u both can socially declare yr marriage and can complaint against parents for there black mailing. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/15/13, 9:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India