Legal Question in Family Law in India

hello sir\madam i am a 21 year old girl pursuing graduation(correspondance) i live in mumbai with my mother and my step dad. i want to leave my house and move to pune or some other city,take up a job and live by myself (i have worked before) ...this is due to my mother's behavior, she says everyone and anyone around us wants to harm me...she abuses(mentally) me and always doubts on me,i cant go to college or gym or any other place alone or with friends due to this even my friends have gone far from me,even my relatives are not allowed to contact me. i am a mature adult and know my responsibilities and i have been bearing with all this from past 3-4 years, i thought my mother just cares for me and all but this is not true, she is extremely controlling and i want to know if i have the rights to leave my house and live alone on my own, as an adult if i go to the police and tell them that i am leaving my parents house so that they wont trouble me if my mother files a police complain on me ....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked on 9/25/13, 8:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

You need to understand that your mother is not your enemy. You are growing and huge changes are coming in your body and mind. Try to stay cool and follow the advice of your mother.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/13, 7:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India