Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

My dad had expire and he dad made the will (Waseyat nama)

Landlord is not taking money and not giving recipt of rent many of people are giving to go direct and pay it but where i should go and pay the 3years amount one month is 250

72x250 = 18000/- i/m ready to pay but i should have to pay and get recipt please reply me 9930913341 or [email protected]

Asked on 7/29/13, 11:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir,

As the legal heir, you will need to pay the arrears of monthly rentals / lease charges for 3 years (36 * 250) = Rs. 9,000/- to the house owner (landlord / landlady) and by submitting a written application attaching a copy of your father's Death Certificate and Will, you should request the landlord to issue monthly receipts in your name in future. If the house owner requests you that he / she wishes to increase the monthly lease charges, you will need to take a practical view taking into consideration the prevailing rental / lease rates of flats / houses in your locality, and you should amicably negotiate and pay the revised rentals to the house owner accordingly. Your objective should revolve around getting your work done.


Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 3:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India