Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

dear sir,

i am a citizen of india.i am currently living in gurgaon.i am a landlord is always threatening me that he will any day throw me out of his my country it is a law that if a landlord wants the tenant to vacate his house he will have to give tenant a notice of 30 days;without that he cannot ask the tenant to vacate his house.can you tell me what can i do in case my landlord asks me to vacate his house overnight? i will be extremely grateful if you answer

Asked on 7/04/13, 1:08 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.

Dear Sir,

Your Landlord can not throw you out as per his own whims and fancies. He has to follow the law of the land.

For further assistance you may contact on 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 1:21 pm

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

even here in India, the landlord should give a notice as per lease deed and only then he can vacate the premises with the intervention of courts. you may seek legal help in person.


Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 9:49 pm

In your country, landlord can give you notice for one month.

but in india, landlord cannot evict you without your permission.

if he wants to do so then he has to fight legal fight for years in court.

So not to worry, if he do so then immediately call the police by dialing 100.

police will immediately reach to you and throw the owner out of the house.

Though i am also landlord but i feel trouble of both parties and provide assistance accordingly.

Good luck

[email protected]

Advocate Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.


Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 10:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India