Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

I am trying to find out the statute of limitations and personal injury due to vehicle liability (vehicle recall) in the state, pardon me, the Commonwealth of Virginia…? (I was just told by an attorney in Connecticut that he thought it might be two years but did not know)

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

Here's some of the statutes regarding statute of limitations. I advise you to contact a VA lawyer to discuss your case.

Personal injury: 2 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(A)

Product liability: 2 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(A), (B)

Property damage: 5 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(B)

Jonathon Moseley Moseley Legal Associates LLP

Yes, usually Virginia categorizes the statute of limitations by the nature of the injury rather than by the the reason. This is unusual.

In Virginia, physical injury to a person has a 2 year statute of limitations.

There are some situations that might extend this time based on whether injury was discovered later, the defendant was hiding from Virginia, the plaintiff was a child, etc. but those exceptions are difficult to claim.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States