Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

I am trying to find out the statute of limitations and personal injury due to vehicle liability (vehicle recall) in the state, pardon me, the Commonwealth of Virginia…? (I was just told by an attorney in Connecticut that he thought it might be two years but did not know)

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law

Here's some of the statutes regarding statute of limitations. I advise you to contact a VA lawyer to discuss your case.

Personal injury: 2 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(A)

Product liability: 2 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(A), (B)

Property damage: 5 years Va. Code § 8.01-243(B)

Jonathon Moseley Moseley Legal Associates LLP

Yes, usually Virginia categorizes the statute of limitations by the nature of the injury rather than by the the reason. This is unusual.

In Virginia, physical injury to a person has a 2 year statute of limitations.

There are some situations that might extend this time based on whether injury was discovered later, the defendant was hiding from Virginia, the plaintiff was a child, etc. but those exceptions are difficult to claim.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States