Legal Question in Personal Injury in United States

While working at a psychiatric hospital that was understaffed constantly, I was physically attached by a patient. Can I seek justice?

Asked on 5/23/15, 3:47 pm

7 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

By "justice" are we to assume you are asking if you can seek a big check? What are your damages? You mention no injuries. How were you attacked? How does the alleged under staffing relate to the attack? Did you contact law enforcement?

Read more
Answered on 5/23/15, 4:23 pm
Adam Studnicki Studnicki Law Firm, P.C.

If you were injured during the course and scope of your employment, this is probably covered by workers' compensation under Arizona law. Contact your employer about making a worker's comp claim. If you were employed by an outside company, you might have a third-party claim against the psychiatric hospital if you can prove they were negligent.


I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience. I am licensed to practice law in Arizona.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/15, 7:44 pm
Anthony Smith LawSmith

How were you attached? That matters in the evaluation?

Read more
Answered on 5/23/15, 8:55 pm
Salman Khan International Lawyer

Kindly share whole story at [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/24/15, 12:44 am
Andrew Tobergte McKenzie & Snyder LLP.

If you were, in fact, injured in the assault, pursuing workers' compensation benefits may be your simplest option. Going after the hospital or staffing company directly could be difficult and costly. You may want to consult with a local firm that practices workers' compensation and personal injury law.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/15, 11:11 am
Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Meet with an experienced personal injury attorney

Read more
Answered on 5/26/15, 1:27 pm
Michael Zerres Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari

Good Morning and thank you for your inquiry. My firm has handled many matters surrounding assault related injuries stemming from a lack of security, as well as claims surrounding work related injuries. Please feel free to contact me or one of my partners to discuss this potential claim at no cost to you. We will assist you in whatever way we can including a potential referral to a qualified attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction. We look forward to speaking with you. (973)635-5400.

Read more
Answered on 5/27/15, 7:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in United States