Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Dear Sir,

Please clarify whether

a) Registering a consent decree obtained from a court with the Sub Registrar in a property dispute attract any stamp duty in Karnataka. Whether it's dependent on the value of the property (advalorem duty). The stamp duty originally paid in full when the site was purchased and registered with Sub Registrar in 1998. As per the consent decree my site dimension reduced. Pl clarify whether there will be any stamp duty for registration.

b) while registering the consent decree with the Sub Registrar, whether all the parties named in the compromise deed required to be present to register the consent decree at Sub Registrar's office or only the decree holder is sufficient.

c) whether registering a consent degree is mandatory. Does it helps by registering or not.

Asked on 7/15/13, 3:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Repeat query ... already answered ... transfer to prepaid service for reply.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 3:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India