Legal Question in Securities Law in India

I'm facing some warning calls from a well known person. It's happened 10 years ago when my mom separated with my father and my mom and me left some other place with me. Their she known's a well known person so she asked for protection because that time I was a kid studying 10th class. In return my mom have been in relationship with him and in the locality where we stay noted them as husband and wife. He used to drunk, smoke and beat my mom and me also because in society a woman need a man protection (This was believed by mom) so she never said anything to him and made me keep quiet. My mom used to take care of everything house rent, purchasing goods sometimes she need to purchase his drinks with our money. He never helped me on my studies and my future and he use to threaten us that we cannot live in our locality without his help.

Before my graduation going to be completed there was a big fight between he and my mother so I interfered and said it is enough and please leave us we want to live by ourselves because he beats my mother and me for silly reasons also.

After I got job and making some money he again came to us. My mom didn't accepted him said we want to ourselves.

Now he is sending letter's to my mother's family members (mother and brothers) that we have cheated him and taken his all money and we made his family life ruined like that and he also says he will complaint to police regarding it that we cheated him with proofs...

My question is if he complaints the police will accept the case or he need to go court... if he go court what we need to do ....

Asked on 10/26/13, 7:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal

Dear client

Just relaxed. He is doing it in frustration since he made it a habit of consuming alcohol by your money. If he gives you persistent calls, you should give a police complaint in detail and mention all the atrocities and beating by him. There is no cheating from you side.


Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 11:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Securities Law questions and answers in India