Legal Question in Workers Comp in India

my mom nd dad had a mutal consent (a long stort)... My dad married another woman.. my mom wanted her peace of mind so did not claim anything for my maintaince.. It was 19 years since my dad dd not take over our responsiblity.. My mom past away 9 months ago but the organisation she works for needs my dad to come nd settle the finances.. Seems like my dad has a bad view and he wants all the money.. I'm 21 how do i make sure he does not get any money as it was my mom's hardwork

Asked on 2/10/14, 10:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

you can claim the financials on the basis of decree of mutual consent. As per law, once divorced, the husband and wife r dead for each other. in this situation, you are the only legal heir who can claim the benefits of your deceased mother.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/14, 10:20 pm
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

Your mother must have given her nomination in the organization where she worked as to who remains the beneficiary of all her dues in the event of her demise. If your name is mentioned as the nominee, the organization has to remit all your mother's dues to you alone.


Read more
Answered on 2/11/14, 3:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in India