Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

My son's father, a convicted felon, recently was arrested for drug and weapons possesion at his home when a seach warrant was carried out. Unfortuntely, my son was at his home at the time, so he also recieved a child endagerment charge against him. I want to file for sole custody of our son in light of this to protect my son from his own father. He is lookin at possible jail time as well.What are my rights as his mother to protect my son?

Asked on 4/07/11, 10:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Tracy Southern Legal Group, P.C.

I recommend you file for a protective order and suspend visitation and if your ex is found guilty you can request supervised visitations going forward.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/11, 6:38 pm
Edward Tracy Southern Legal Group, P.C.

You need certification of paternity either through dna or adoption.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/11, 6:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama