Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

approve son was approved by the immigration on december but up to now i have not received anything,he is in africa.My husband is a US CITIZEN,what a we suppose to do?ANY ACTION?

Asked on 5/14/09, 7:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Hanlon Hanlon Law Group, P.C.

Re: approve

Dear Inquirer:

If your husband filed an I-130 Visa Petition for your son, when approved, it should be forwarded to the National Visa Center, where the visa application process begins. You must then prepare documentation to file with the State Department, which will be forwarded to the US Embassy nearest where you live for your son's visa appointment and final processing.

If the case is not progressing, then you need to contact the responsible agency to urge the process along.

I recommend that you email us at [email protected] or visit if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/09, 7:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama