Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Marrage to a non U.S. rsident

hi I am A U.S. citizen i met a women while in the Marine corps we have been together for a long time she makes frequent trips from her home in germany to visit me in the U.S. but we want to get married does she have to apply for a K-1 Visa or can we just get married the wait is so long i'm sure for the visa and we really want to become married after 2 years of visiting each other

Asked on 2/25/08, 4:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: Marrage to a non U.S. rsident

The K-1 fiancee visa is taking approximately 6 months to process right now. It's the preferred method of immigrating your fiancee to the U.S.

You may also want to read the following article as well:,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=3&cntnt01returnid=71

Read more
Answered on 2/25/08, 4:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama