Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

I had an R2 visa and it expired in March 2017, i filed for change of status to a student visa in April but unfortunately i was late. USCIS rejected my request. So whats the way forward

Asked on 1/14/18, 4:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You're out of status & accruing illegal presence since the R-2 expired. If you leave the country now, you will be barred from re-entering for 3 yrs. If you leave in March, you'll be barred for 10 yrs. You will not be able to change or adjust status, now that you are out of status, except for marriage to a U.S. citizen.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/18, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama