Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Arizona

An order Authorizing Alternative or Substitute sevice was filed and delivered to me for ex roomated. What if the individual named does not live at the address? Can she dispute this or not?

Asked on 6/04/11, 5:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christy Thompson Thompson & Faas, Attorneys at Law

The creditor is notifying your roommate at her last known address that they have served her by alternative service because they were unable to serve her in person. A judge will allow a creditor to serve a person by alternative service if the creditor can show they made a good faith attempt to serve your roommate in person and where unable to. In order to understand her rights, she should meet with a debt defense attorney, like a bankruptcy attorney to understand what her next steps should be. I hope this information helps.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/11, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Arizona