Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

I currently have a 15-1/2 year old son that is incarcerated in an adult jail in Maricopa County AZ. currently being charged with Felony Armed Robbery (2 counts) - Aggravated Robbery (2 counts) and Aggravated Assault (2 counts). He has been incarcerated for roughly 2-1/2 months awaiting his trial date on 4/12/16. His mother has Joint Legal custody of him and I pay her child support for him. My question is, do I have to continue to pay child support, as he is no longer in the Juvenile system and being tried as an adult in a state facility, and his mother does not have to pay for his food, shelter and clothing while incarcerated.

Asked on 2/05/16, 3:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You will need to go to the family court that issued the support order and request that the support be abated with he is incarcerated from the date he was first jailed. Without getting a new support order you will be responsible for all months at the current order.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/16, 3:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona