Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

child visitation

Ok my ex-husband has visitation court ordered the 2nd weekend of every month. however he has not exercised it for the last 13 months now. well he is choosing to excersice it now. my 4yr old came home telling me i was a bad person and all sorts of other lovely things. my son is confused enough without this jerk making it worse. both my boys dont even know who he is since he has been out of the picture since the youngest was born. my question is that he has not done his court ordered parenting class in which they teach you not to use the children as messangers or put them in the middle. Do I have to grant him visitation since he is in violation of the court order by not having done the class??

Asked on 4/17/08, 1:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

Re: child visitation

If the parenting time is court ordered, you do not have the authority to suspend his time without modifying the order. His failure to comply regarding the parenting class is a separate issue, but you can call it to the court's attention.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/08, 1:27 pm
Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: child visitation

Since you do have an existing Court Order, it is not wise to simply not comply without seeking some relief from the Court.

There are options available to you, ranging from us simply writing a demand letter to the Father to seeking modification of the current orders from the Court. We can absolutely help.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Tasha or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 4/17/08, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona