Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I have divorced recently and I am prohibited to see a man who is a registered sex offender. He only has this title because after dating a girl for two years the parents turned him in when he turned 18. But then the charges were dropped due to the parents changing their minds and nothing to charge him with. Six years later the state of Texas picked up the charges and charged him. He has recently gotten it expunged. We don't know how long it takes until it is completely removed. Do we have any chance of becoming family? He wants to move to Arizona to be with me. We have known each other since we were 12 years old. We reunited at our 20th high school reunion and found out we were no longer married. I was married for 17 yrs and he 12 yrs. We both named our child the same name and our spouses cheated on us. We want to be together with all of our hearts. We believe that God brought us together. My ex-husband is the one that will fight it because of his record and because I have two boys. Will my ex-husband be able to fight it if he no longer has a record? What does he need to do to start the process for us to be together?

Asked on 3/05/14, 7:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

How recently did the Court address this issue? Was this person already discussed? If not, perhaps a Motion to address the issue would be appropriate. I would need to know more.

Please come in soon. We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Paige or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 3/11/14, 10:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona