Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

family law

i recently got a restriction order from my ex-pregnant girlfriend, she claimed i kicked her which was untrue we just argued and i threw her a plate but by no means was intending to get her; it crashed on wall...anyhow she got a restraining order against me and now i need to know how this will affect me from seeing my child born, is there anything i can do? help

Asked on 4/23/08, 3:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronee Korbin Steiner Ronee Korbin Steiner, P.C.

Re: family law

First of all you can request a hearing on the Order of Protection, Even if it remains in place, when the child is born, you will want to petition the court to establish paternity, custody, parenting time and support orders. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.


Read more
Answered on 4/23/08, 3:39 pm
Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: family law

You can request a hearing on the Order of Protection. Or, you can file a Paternity action, and as a temporary order ask for the ability to be present at your child's birth.

We can absolutely help.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Tasha or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 4/23/08, 6:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona