Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

name change

my daughter is 14, I want to change her first name from Ramie to Raymie, so people pronounce it correctly, her father has never paid child support or been around and is in prison now, I was told I can not change the spelling of her first name without, a notorized signature from her dad or a signed certified mail from her dad, and I cant do either with him in prison, what do I do?

Asked on 4/21/08, 7:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: name change

You would need to give him notice of the Motion & eventual hearing if he does not consent to the change. If you do not know where he is, you would publish the notice. I can certaily discuss this w/ you more in depth, as we offer 1/2 hour free consultations. Call 602x254x7251 if you would like to discuss. Thanks, Carlie Owsley Walker

Read more
Answered on 4/22/08, 11:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona