Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I've been living separately from my husband since May 2013.... He has our 2 children... The last time I saw our children was in November 2013.. I haven't talked to them due to the fact that my mother in law blocked both of my numbers.. On February 9th he told me that he wanted to end our 6 year marriage.... What are my chances of getting custody of them or at lease have visitation and is it better to file for legal separation or divorce?

Asked on 4/14/14, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

Arizona favors joint custody and parenting time. There is no advantage in filing for legal separation if the marriage has ended. This sounds like a situation where you can benefit from sitting down with an attorney, reviewing Arizona laws and getting help with the decisions you are faced with to enable you to spend time with your children. Please call us at 602 462 1004 if you would like our help.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/14, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona