Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I am going to be marrying my boyfriend next month & his ex is threatening us saying that once we get married she is going to take him to court for more child support since I have an income. Can she do that in the state of AZ?

Asked on 9/20/10, 8:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

No, a new spouse's income is not included for purposes of calculating child support. The statute dictates that only the natural and adopted parents have the obligation to support a child.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/10, 8:29 am

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

No. Your income has no bearing on the calculation of child support.

We could contact her and ask her to "cease and desist" these threats.

Please email me directly if that interests you. richpeters @

/s/ Rich J. Peters

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 North 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


facsimile 602-254-1229

see our website at

Read more
Answered on 9/27/10, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona