Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Can I move to Houston,TX from Phoenix,AZ with my daughter without problems with her dad if we haven't been to court for custody or child support? I take care of my daughter my self

Asked on 4/30/12, 2:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

There can be issues with relocating without Dad's permission even if there are no Court Orders. It is important that you strategize with an attorney before you relocate, to understand all of the issues.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options for relocating.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 4/30/12, 2:12 pm
Stephanie Ehrbright Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.

Were you married to the father when the child was born? Has paternity been established through a court? You may want to talk with an attorney before just moving or it can have serious consequences and the answer to your question is very fact specific. If you were not married when the child was born and paternity has not been established by a court then the answer is maybe. If either of those happened then the answer is no.

He may also file for paternity and custody as soon as you move. I recommend speaking with an attorney about all the facts in your case before making a decision.

Read more
Answered on 4/30/12, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona