Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Moving children out of state

My husband has recently left me and his two children and two step children in california at my mothers house. Now his is tellling me that he is filing for divorce. I want to know if i can stay in california with all my four children at my mothers house.NOW he is telling me that the courts will make me come back to arizona, even though he left me here. I am a house wife with no job and he says when i come back i have to find my self somewhere to live because our house is not my since he bought it 3 months before we got married. Five years ago he convinced me to leave california and my family to start a new life in arizona with him and my two children. I want to know my rights as far as moving my four children out of state

Asked on 1/03/07, 10:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: Moving children out of state

You certainly have the right to argue that you should be permitted to remain in Arizona. I would need to know more in order to give a better assessment.

We can absolutely help.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour telephonic consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 1/04/07, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona