Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I am a single mother and I work 3 jobs, just started my 3rd last week. The father of my girl works under the table, because he could not support himself if he didn't. He had had domestic violence against him. Etc, etc.

A few days ago he was on the phone with my girl, I needed a sitter, and spoke with him about him taking her over night. He said he could come and get her

around 1-3 pm. I told him no that she had to stay at least to 5, I had plans for her. I went to my 1st job, and while I was gone, he came and got her by 12 pm, he did not tell me that he had moved until the next night, while I was thinking that I was going to get her from the house that I knew he lived in, but no longer resided there.

He does not pay his child support, but Saturday he left $20 for me.

He rarely sticks to the visitation schedule.

He wants to keep some of her clothes at the house for her, but does not want to get clothes for her, wants the ones that I buy.

Just an all over irresponsible person.

What legal action can I take?

I know that it is our (?) daughter, but enough is enough. I mean the last 10 years have been just one thing after another.

Every company I led him to he left them in debt to them.

Does not pay his bills.

Has a lot of legal issues, and fines to pay, so I get pennies?

Asked on 3/24/14, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

Assuming there are court orders in place regarding parenting time/visitation and child support, you can file a Petition to Enforce Parenting Time/Visitation and Child Support. Additionally, for child support only, you can reach out to the Department of Economic Security (DES) and ask for enforcement assistance.

At the Owsley Law Firm, we offer free 30 minute consults. If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to our office at (623)748-8973 to setup a consult.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/14, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona