Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Arizona

Can an out of state lawyer represent a client in a wrongful death case?

Asked on 7/02/15, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Studnicki Studnicki Law Firm, P.C.

Generally speaking, it is a good idea to work with a lawyer in the state in which the lawsuit will be filed. If an out-of-state lawyer handles the case, they may have to find a local lawyer to partner with and/or get temporarily admitted to practice in the particular State. A local lawyer will be more familiar with local laws, customs, judges, juries, other lawyers, etc.


I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is general information that is given for legal education only. It is not legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. I strongly encourage you to consult with a local lawyer to get legal advice and help with your specific situation at your earliest convenience.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/15, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Arizona