Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

Co-owned property

I co-own property with four other siblings, the property was deeded to us by our mother in 1989.She put a life estate on the deed ,she is still alive but has severe memory problems,she now lives in california with my sister.My older brother has been renting the house an keeping all the money since August of 2001.He says no one can do anything about it.I would like to put him in jail but i don't know if thats possible.a petition for partition won't work.i would like to know what i can do to stop him he says he can't be stopped he is very arrogant an sure that nothing can be done,any advice is appreciated

Asked on 6/13/06, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harvey Harris Harris Law Firm

Re: Co-owned property

From what you have stated, it may be possible to sue him, either on behalf of your mother or yourself for part of the back rent and for any damages. Who gave him the right to move in? Did your mother allow it?

Does anyone have power of attorney for your mother?

I would like to know more information about the entire situation to be able to tell you more certainly about how to proceed.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/06, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas