Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

Rear ended by Sheriff's Deputy

Over two weeks ago I was rear ended by a county deputy driving a sheriff's office vehicle. The deputy stated in his report that he failed to stop, and the police reports stated that the cause of the accident was the deputy following too close. They county is not insured, they belong to a risk management group. The risk management group says they cannot pay for the damage to my vehicle until the county contacts them. The county judge will not return my phone calls. The damage is less than $5000.00, can I sue in small claims, and if so, who do I name as defendant?

Asked on 3/07/09, 12:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

Re: Rear ended by Sheriff's Deputy

The case is insured by and will be defended by the Municipal Vehicle Program. It is apart of the Municipal League located in North Little Rock. You can file a direct action against the insurer to recover.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/09, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas