Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arkansas

Arkansas - my parents had a home on 15 acres. Sold 2 acres to a cousin in 2007 and he put a double wide on it. They refinanced the entire 15 acres in 2009 according to documents we have found but there is no mention of the 2 acres. Father passed away 7/2013 and mother 8/2014. Cousin says he has a warranty deed. My sister moved in with my parents just before our father passed away with her husband and kids. She was named executor of the estate and willed the home by our mother. She hasn't filed probate yet. Our cousin now wants a certified letter from the finance company releasing his 2 acres. My sister has been paying the mortgage and everything but it's not in her name. Her credit prevents her from getting financed. Does the cousin have any rights? Can he take her to court? Is the transaction he made with our father legal? Thank you!

Asked on 4/27/15, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


You will need a up to date "Title Search" on the real property to determine who has what interest(s)... Any good attorney would ask for this first... Call 501-258-0107 for help...

Read more
Answered on 5/27/15, 4:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arkansas