Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arkansas

sister passed away

My sister passed away on June 1, 2008. My brother & I are her only family. She had no will.We live in Michigan. She lived in Arkansas left behind a house & the contents of it. What do we have to do so that we can take care of her estate?

Asked on 8/18/08, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harvey Harris Harris Law Firm

Re: sister passed away

You are going to need to probate the estate. If there are no objections from anyone, you can likely do this through the mail.

You should contact an attorney to get this process started and to prepare all the forms for you. It is generally not a complicated process for an attorney, but you need to get started soon, especially if the house is vacant.

Let me know if I can be of help to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/08, 10:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arkansas