Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Chiropractic billed me after six years

I received a chiropractic bill around 2-25-08 for my daughter who was treated in 2002 and went to 3 visits but I am being billed for 22 visits and now they are telling me I need to have this resolved by March 13, 2008 because my daughter will be 20 and time will have run out.  I don't agree with the bill on the number of visits.  Am I responsibile for this after six years, do I have to pay it or contact the insurance company they sent the bill to?

Asked on 3/12/08, 5:55 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

4 Answers from Attorneys

Robert L. Bennett Law offices of Robert L. Bennett

Re: Chiropractic billed me after six years

I agree with parts of all three of my colleague's answers.

It is probably best, as pointed out by Mr. Roth, to have an attorney letter go out as an answer.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/08, 7:25 pm

Mitchell Roth MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation

Re: Chiropractic billed me after six years

No. Refer the to your lawyer. The lawyer should be able to resolve this with a letter for less than $100.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/08, 3:10 pm
George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

Re: Chiropractic billed me after six years

The chiropractor is manipulating you on this. The time period to sue on a written contract to provide services is 4 years after the service was provided. It is not stayed by he minority. What the effect of her age has is that a minor under the age of 18 can not be held to a contract. So if she was the only one signing for the treatment their claim was barred at least 2 years ago and could not have been won anyway. If you signed, they are still two years too late to sue you and win.

Write thenm and point out they must know all of that so you are very disappointed that they try to get away with something like this. Also that you disagree on the number of visits they claim and the need to have so many treatments for a young girl [they heal rapidly and in general only a few treatments of any kind will reach maximum improvement quickly and then more treatments will do little if anything]. Tell them that unless you hear within 10business days to the contrary, you will assume they are dropping their claim. If they reject your position, you may have to turn it over to your insurance company [find out if it will have any effect on your premiums, etc.; if not let them handle it]. If your rates might go up, hire an inexpensive lawyer to write a legal, nasty letter to them.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/08, 3:21 pm
Jonathan Stein Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein

Re: Chiropractic billed me after six years

It depends. Was this for a car collision? Have you settled the case with the other party? Did you have an attorney? Did he pay the chiropractor?

I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered first. It may not be the answer you want to hear, but I think more questions need to be answered before anyone can give you a definitive answer.

If you would like a free consultation, send me an email or call my office.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/08, 3:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California