Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Personal Injury -Insurane Info

Can I obtain a copy of the insurance policy of the person that hit me so I know what I can ask for.

Asked on 3/07/08, 4:17 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

4 Answers from Attorneys

Robert L. Bennett Law offices of Robert L. Bennett

Re: Personal Injury -Insurane Info

You really don't give enough facts, but, based on your statement the company will not be helpful with the policy, and, as Mr. Roth points out....file a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/08, 11:42 pm

Lowell Houghton Law Offices of Hagop Chopurian

Re: Personal Injury -Insurane Info

Yes, the insurance company may refuse to give it to you if you are not in litigation. If you ask for the policy limit amount they have to ask their insured permission to disclose it.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/08, 9:09 pm
Jonathan Stein Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein

Re: Personal Injury -Insurane Info

You cannot get a copy of the insurance policy. The insurance company cannot release it under the Insurance Privacy Act. You may be able to get the policy limits if you demand it properly.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/08, 9:14 pm
Mitchell Roth MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation

Re: Personal Injury -Insurane Info

You can ask for compensation for your injuries. The insurance policy has nothing to do with it. You can ask for whatever you want, but they are only required to disclose policy limits after a lawsuit has been filed in response to formal discovery. Go online, to my website, and download my free special report, "Hidden Inside Secrets Insurance Companies Donít Want You to Know!Ē

Then, if you want, call our office for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/08, 9:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California