Legal Question in Disability Law in California

I have been on California State Disability for a year because I have severe back pain. My job let me go 6 months ago due to being on disability. Now I have not been paid by the state in 52 days although I have turned in papers from my doctor to remain off work. I have logged into their sight every day to send them requests for information on why they have continued to ignore me and not give me answers to why I have not been paid. I am broke and now will be late on bills. I have had to sell one of my cars because of them. Can I sue the state for damages (both financial and emotional)?

Asked on 11/19/13, 12:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


You need to file a claim for worker's compensation benefits that cover temporary disability benefits , ongoing medical treatment and a settlement for permanent disability and future medical care. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/13, 4:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California