Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

My daughter law, lives in California, was just served to appear in court in TEXAS over a landlord dispute. She has never been a landlord, and has never owned property in Texas. If she doesn't appear, default judgement or $3,400 will be entered. She was obviously served in error.

I believe a summary judgement is required to clear this - How can she clear this up without traveling to Texas.

Asked on 10/04/13, 6:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Goff James R. Goff, Attorney at Law

I don't know the law of Texas. However, if the circumstances were reversed then the out of state party could appear specially by counsel and move to quash the summons on the basis that the party was filed on in error. You should also contact counsel here to review whether your daughter in law was served appropriately another basis for quashing the summons. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 11:17 am

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Mr Goff offers great advice

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 9:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California